The Society was formed in October 1997. It concerns itself with the archaeology and history of the Civil Parish of Snodland and neighbouring civil parishes. The objectives are:
- To research, record, document and publish.
- To maintain a non-lending reference library for the use of members.
- To maintain an archive of collections of material and media.
- To hold regular meetings with lectures, social evenings, visits etc. for members.
- To provide educational lectures and facilities for the public.
- To hold public exhibitions.
- To sell the Society’s publications to members and public.
Its constitution prohibits it, as a body, from taking part in political debate. It is not a pressure group.